Hadyn is such an amazing girl. She is always ready with a smile, hug and kiss. She loves to take care of people and she loves her big sister. She wants to be a mom and a doctor when she grows up. She thinks her mom is the best cook and she misses her dad when he travels. She is a natural skiier, a great gymnast and my helper. Her favorite thing to do is watch SpongeBob with her dad. Happy Birthday Hadyn. We love you!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Hadyn, all shiny and new with her big sister (who seems so small here).
She was not shy with the cake on her first birthday.
She was still all smiles by her 2nd birthday.
It is a rare day when Hadyn is not happy and giggling.
Birthday number 3 found her in Boise surrounded by family.
I cannot fully put into words how crazy our lives have become, and yet, here I am putting it into words... My sis-in-law did this a while back and I thought it was a brilliant way to catch up on the blog without too much time or stress. So, here it is (in no specific order. Chronological would have been nice, but no:
What I did on my Blogger Vacation
by Maria Luke
- Jeff has been to Vietnam twice in the last two months. He only stays for a week each time, which means he actually spent more time traveling to and from than actually in Vietnam.
- I have officially gone back to school and am in a pre-nursing program. I am currently taking 7 credits, but on the quarter (vs. semester) system which means we move fast. I am loving it, and find that either I am way smarter, or dating Jeff is significantly more distracting than being married to Jeff...
- Regan has had two ballet recitals. One was just her usual Winter recital, where she and her class did a really cute dance to "One" from Chorus Line. The second was a much bigger recital for which her group was chosen to participate. The did the same dance, but in a recital with groups chosen from about 10 area studios. I'll try to post a short video at the end of this.
- I spent a week flat on my back. Not the relaxing, eating bon bon's type of rest, more like the cockroach that simply can't get up sort of thing. Apparently I herniated two discs in my lower back, and, also apparently, that area of your body is affected when you do anything, including blinking. It was very painful, and I was a huge baby, but my dear, loving husband, was amazing taking care of everything that he could. What a guy.
- When I was finally upright again after #4 (not running any races, mind you, but at least sobbing in pain), I sent Jeff snowboarding. I'm sure he needed a break from being my nurse for a while. He came home earlier than expected with a limp and a sprained knee. We were quite a pair.
- After #'s 5 & 6, Jeff and I have come to the conclusion that we are old and falling apart.
- We have replaced most of the trim in our home that we took off to tile our kitchen and dining rooms a year ago.
- I also don't think I've mentioned yet that at the end of last year I started doing medical transcription for an orthopedic surgeon. I really like doing it. I am a total geek. I love typing. I can't play the piano, but I can type and I find it very relaxing. Weird, I know.
- Hadyn has finally found an outlet for her boundless energy. She goes to gymnastics once a week. It doesn't make her any more likely to take a nap, but it is nice to see her chanelling that energy into something productive. I tried to convince her that cleaning toilets and scrubbing floors for her mom was an equally fun way to use up energy, but she wasn't convinced. Sigh...
- Regan was awarded the Citizenship award for her class. We were and are very proud of her.
- We spent a couple days in Driggs, Idaho, celebrating our anniversary (11th), loving the idea of being snowed in my aunt and uncles cabin and hoping for glimpses of the Grand Teton (it never came out from behind the fog, clouds and gusting wind) and hoping the cabin withstood the CRAZY winds that blew. It was fun and very relaxing.
Here's a little snippet of Miss Regan performing "One":