Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Field Trip Double-Header

Hadyn's class went on a field trip double-header yesterday, walking to Ridley's Market and the local fire station.  I loved the comments and questions that can come out of the mouths of kindergarten children :).  Hadyn had a lot of fun, and I left have small anxiety attacks about our lack of fire readiness.  Guess what our next Family Home Evening Activity is going to be...  Anywho, here are a few pics from our fun day.



Hadyn being lifted into the firetruck


Showing the kids what a fully outfitted fireman looks and sounds like so they won't be scared if they see one.  Sparky the fire dog fielded the most questions..."How does he stand on two legs", "Why doesn't he have a radio", and other very important facts were discussed.

4 comments:

Joddi said...

I loved going on Kindergarten field trips, so very entertaining! I'm excited to read your post about fire readiness, so I can copy you!

The Mills said...

What a fun class field trip! I love love love the baptism pics, where were they taken at?!

Maria said...

Thanks Joddi, it was fun, and I'll be sure to post the fire safety fiasco, as I'm sure it will come to be known :). Lynds, the pics were taken at the rose garden by the Boise Art Museum. It is so beautiful. A few were also taken at the Black History Museum entrance.

Deb said...

hey, at least you don't have to worry about escaping from a fire from the 2nd story anymore! we have fire ladders, but we're afraid to tell the boys about them because they might decide to practice using them on their own....