Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summing up six months in one post...priceless...

So, my last post was exactly one day before I went back to college full-time for the first time in too many years to count.  I got accepted into Boise State's nursing program and began working toward my BS-RN.  I had a great semester, learned a lot (including that I could actually keep up with all those young whippersnappers), and really leaned on all my family and friends for support.  Sadly, the blog was moved pretty far down on the to-do list and never got to-done.  So, in no particular order, since moving photos around on blogger is really more hassle than it is worth, here is the Cliff's Notes version of the last six months of the Luke Family Chronicles...

Here we are on the BYU campus in Provo.  Our lovely neice, Rachel, was a freshman this year and so we stopped to say hi.  She took us on a tour of campus, her dorm, and we were all able to attend the Karl Bloch exhibit, which was amazing.  Now, my girls, trained since birth to be Vandals, want to go to BYU...I'm still working through that one...

From the mouths (or markers) of babes...  Hadyn's artwork pretty much sums up my last few months...
 

More soccer.  Both girls played in the city soccer program, and loved it.  Hadyn had already played a little, plus she was part of the youngest group, so she jumped in at the same level as the rest of her team.  Regan, being 8, was on a team of kids who had already played for years, so she was a bit behind.  She worked every night in the back yard on dribbling, kicking, everything.  Sometimes alone, sometimes with her dad.  She became one of the team leaders in skills (my unbiased opinion) and learned that if you work hard it pays off.  We were proud of both girls.  Neither of them can wait for Fall soccer to start.


 Regan and Hadyn both participated in the Capital Classic this year.  Regan ran it a few years ago.  They both brought friends, and between them and their friends, were the sole participants from Middleton in the race.  Way to represent!  


Each spring our entire town (at least the cool people) participates in "Middleton Unplugged".  Everyone gives up TV, computer games, cell phone games, etc. for an entire month.  There are activities every night to take the place of being plugged in, parades, games, spa days, etc.  It's really cool.  Regan and Hadyn signed up for the challenge and made it the entire month without watching TV, etc.  They posted signs all over the house to remind them to not watch/play.  This is a particularly specific one reminding them not to watch anyone watch TV.  The bottom arrow pointing to the picture should say, "a screen".


Yes, I even missed documenting birthdays.  Hadyn turned 6.  She wanted donuts instead of a cake.  I was more than happy to oblige.  


Jeff turned...well, Jeff had a birthday.  I don't even have pictures of him with the cake, but here he is with lots of help opening his presents...



And lastly, here I am with my clinical group.  We rocked clinicals, and it was a fun group.  Next semester I have 20+ hours a week of clinicals, so I hope they go as well.

I hope you enjoyed the brief synopsis.  I missed a lot, I know, but hopefully now I can do better at staying caught up.  Happy summer!

4 comments:

Jonathan & Heather said...

Loved the update. Especially the part about the girls wanting to go to BYU. I'm sure it is hard for you to come to turns with your daughters being more righteous than you are/were.

Kellie said...

Natalie and I enjoyed your update! Congrats on the RN gig, hope you're enjoying school!

Joddi said...

So glad to see an update on your crazy busy life!

Rebekah said...

You have been busy!