Saturday, September 5, 2009

Those Ingalls' Have Nothing On Us...

Here's what we've been up to this weekend...
We turned these beauties from our garden...
Into 29 pints of stewed tomatoes. These will be added to the 18 pints we got a week or so ago. It's by far the best harvest we've had from our tomato plants.
Homegrown raspberries also came out of the freezer to become freezer jam, and homemade, fresh ground whole wheat bread was made (and almost an entire loaf consumed).
Regan discovered a new obsession/talent/skill. Hadyn gave her an embroidery kit for her birthday and I finally sat down with her to show her the basic stitches. She ran with it and loves it. She actually was surprisingly good at it very quickly. She has a good touch for how big to make her stitches and how hard to pull.
We ended today with ice cream cones in the backyard. You can't see Jeff in this shot, but the girls are tormenting him with the ice cream cones and are giggling as he tries to steal their treats.
It was a good weekend.



7 comments:

Kellie said...

so fun to see your harvest and the girls! I can't believe how big they both are! Way to go Regan on the embrodiery! I love needle work too.

Deb said...

very nice! we got lots of tomatoes but not enough all at the same time. we made a huge batch of pizza sauce, but ate or gave away the rest. how many plants did you have?

and that homemade bread and jam looked really yummy....

Rebekah said...

Your canning is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE to see freshly bottled food in jars. It's so pretty. Your bread is, too. How do you get it to look so good?!

Jonathan & Heather said...

I am very excited for the package I am going to get in the near future with all those canned goods. It is so nice of you to do all that work for me. Everything looks so yummy!

Wolfingtons said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. How's your school going?

Ty & Andi said...

very impressive. I would like you to send heather's package to NC, because I'm pretty sure she lives next door to me and I can just take them over to her house for you :)...
Everyone here is into marathons...not 5Ks that are for fun! LAME! I realy think you should move here so I can have a friend back...I'll be waiting.

The Prestwich's said...

I am so jealous. I am going to copy you and plant a garden next year, so ha! Great job putting it all to good use :). Don't tell my family about the bread. I am so not going to compete with that one. I miss your kids.