Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yes, I know I am a slacker...

Wow, April 9th was my last post...I guess that tells you how exciting things have been. Actually, we've had a great 2 weeks, I just haven't posted anything. Anyway, we have big news, anyone who knows us knows we (meaning Jeff and I) are not pet people. So far it hasn't been a problem since Regan and Hadyn are terrified of anything that doesn't have opposable thumbs and walk upright. Well, we broke down, and agreed to a pet, actually, 22 of them! Check them out...


Okay, you'll have to take my word for it, they are actually cool. They are huge, as ants go, and bright red. We all spend way too much time watching them. Although we have allowed these pets (they remain unnamed) into our house, I am not naive to their true nature and have taken some precautions. First, they do not leave the counter in the laundry room, the smallest, most isolated room in our house, and far from Hadyn's curious, sometimes clumsey hands. Second, I lovingly sprayed the entire perimiter of the room with bug spray that will "dispatch" them to a better home should any of them try an escape.

In other very exciting news, our beautiful tile floor which Jeff installed in December has finally been grouted! We didn't know what we were doing, and were, therefore, nervous to start. My sister Robin and her family were here last week on their spring break, and she and my bro-in-law, Scott said we could get it done that night and they'd help. It is so great. Now we just have to finish the bathroom make-over, add trim pieces to the floor, replace baseboards and seal the grout. Nothing like a small project to help you feel like you've accomplished something.
Seriously though, Robin and Scott will forever be on our "We-Owe-You-Bigtime" list. We decided it would be easier to repay their kindness if they just moved to Boise, so if any of you know them, feel free to sing Boise's and our praises as often as possible, maybe they'll be so moved they'll come be our neighbors!

1 comment:

Deb said...

an ant farm! i am looking forward to seeing this and seeing how my boys like it... although, they get to observe plenty of ants at our house already. i'm not sure we need to invite any more.