Okay, one of Beth's recent posts very kindly reminded me that i had not posted her meme...I am a slacker, and, I think I'll get to repeat that further down this post...
A. Post the rules.
B. Answer all the questions about yourself.
C. After you are done, tag 5 people.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had been married for 5 months and Jeff and I were living in the TINIEST apartment in Chandler, Arizona. We were adjusting to no longer being in school, having real responsibilities and having no family around. I was working for Northwestern Mutual as an admin, whatever that means. I think I was the ward chorister then. Without a doubt the toughest calling I ever had, since I don't play an instrument, can barely read music, and had NEVER lead music before. We are talking tears after most sacrament meetings. Other than the music thing, life was good. I was enjoying being married and being independant.
2. Five things on your to-do list today:
* Grocery shopping.
* Make salad for family party.
* I'd like to mow the lawn and clean up the back yard and garden.
* Deep clean the refrigerator...I absolutely loathe this job.
* Post on my blog...CHECK!
3. 5 snacks you enjoy:
I am not picky when it comes to snacking. Call me an equal-opportunity snacker. If I had to list my favorites...
* Hostess 100 calorie chocolate cakes. Seriously, these are good.
* Microwave popcorn.
* Tortilla chips and homemade salsa and/or guacamole.
* Yogurt with frozen berries.
* ANYTHING chocolate.
4. What would you do you you suddenly became a millionnaire?
That depends, does Jeff know I won the million? Ha ha, okay, Jeff, we'll save it... Other than boost our savings and retirement, I'd love a bigger house, with a bathtub in the master bathroom (I really miss our bathtub in Arizona). I'd get Jeff a car that he didn't have to work on so often. I can't think of anything else. How boring...
5. 3 bad habits:
* I said it before, I am a slacker (see above). I tend to procrastinate. Not because I don't want to do something, but because I think it needs to be done in such a way that it will take sooooo long, that I don't have time, and don't want to "kind of " do it. Bad, bad habit...
* A good book can sideline me for the duration unless I am very strict with myself.
* I don't say "no" when sometimes I really should.
6. 5 places I have lived:
* Ririe, Idaho
* Moscow, Idaho
* Chandler/Gilbert, Arizona
* Penang, Malaysia
* Boise, Idaho
7. 5 jobs I've had:
*Waitress at Jacob Lake Inn, near the Grand Canyon
* CNA at Good Sam's in Moscow, Idaho
* Admin at Northwestern Mutual and John Hancock Financial Services
* Executive Assistant at Varsity Gold in Gilbert, Arizona
8. 5 things people don't know about me:
I'm pretty much an open book, but some surprising things might be...
* I aspire to excel at many old-school homemaking skills. I would love to get really good at gardening, canning, quilting, sewing and baking. Some of these I am working on, some I haven't started yet. Who would be most surprised? My mother who tried her best with me, but I was not at all interested in high school, when I had her there to help me. Now I just call her a lot for help.
* I have hiked the Grand Canyon from the North Rim to the South Rim in 12 hours.
* My favorite job I ever had was as a waitress.
* I wish I would have majored in nursing in college.
* I have travelled to more countries than I have states.
Okay, now for the tags...I think I've seen some version of this on some of the blogs I read, so I'll try to avoid those people: